Dear Prospective Home Seller-
Thank you for taking the time to read through this pre-listing package we’ve prepared for you. As you read through our materials today, please remember that there are 6 keys to success as a Realtor today. Don’t settle for any agent who doesn’t excel at all of them. We truly believe we are so strong in all 6 areas, we will bet our commission it:
Marketing: Our marketing costs are substantially higher than competitors because we know it means a higher net sale for our clients. Higher end photographers, employing a professional graphic designer, buying and reserving top placement on strategic websites. We will give you a detailed list when we meet.
Internet/Technology presence: We purchase “PAGE 1-featured” placement for our clients on highly trafficked Real Estate websites linked to Trulia, Zillow, and Redfin.com. The standard agent averages placement around page 2-3, based on default placement. “Featured” placement is a technique we employ to pre-actively guarantee a higher placement and viewing rate from potential buyers.
Personal Attention/Team: We have a team of 6, but make it a point to make you feel front and center. We do not to over-extend ourselves, so that we can be available to you.
Communication: We will be in constant contact with you and keep you updated with any and all progress along the way. We will introduce you to our team so you are comfortable before we begin. We are always accessible, and as one client said, “I don’t think there was a time I called where you didn’t answer on the first ring!”
Seller’s Net Profit: Since 2006, we have been fortunate to achieve consistently great results. 65+% of our listings have sold within 14 days at asking or above. What are our competitor’s track records?
Commission Rate: We work on a sliding scale. We guarantee a price. If we can’t deliver & the market indicates that we need a price reduction, we will lower our commission from 6% to as low as 4.5% (an agreed rate must be in writing at determined in advance during the listing agreement). It’s nice to know your agent is fully invested & committed to your success. Jerry, Rachel, and the JR Team.
SAMPLE 10 Step Marketing Plan:
- Prepare a Comparative Market Analysis and advise on the price point that will garner the most exposure and generate the highest offers, based on recent sales of comparable properties in the neighborhood.
- Build a buzz around the property through our network of active local agents before the property is submitted online.
- Submit your property to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), exposing the listing to local Realtors with interested Buyers.
- Advertise your home continually on our personal website, social media outlets, and real estate related websites, including Realtor.com, Zillow.com and Trulia.com. All of which generate quality leads with heavy traffic.
- Create and deliver marketing collateral, including flyers featuring specifications and virtues, as well as professional grade photographs of your property.
- Follow up with all agents and buyers who have visited your property for valuable feedback.
- Constantly update you with activity reports. Discuss any price adjustments necessary to keep your property competitive.
- Vet prospective buyers and ensure lender approval, proof of funds for closing costs and down payment. We work closely with lenders that have proven track records and often require buyers to double apply with them, as well as their own, as a safety net should their lender fail to perform.
- Represent and advise you on the presentation of all contracts by cooperating agents and negotiate the best possible price and terms for you.
- Handle follow-up and keep you informed, after the contract has been accepted, on all lender, title, and other closing procedures, until close of escrow!
PRICING VS TIMING:
FAQ’S FOR HOME SELLERS:
Is there a best time to sell my house?
Property sells year round. It is mostly a function of supply and demand, as well as other economic factors. The time of year you choose to sell can make a difference in the amount of time it takes and the final selling price. Weather conditions are often a consideration in some states than in other parts of the country. Generally the real estate market picks up in the early spring. During the summer, the market usually slows. The end of July and August are often the slowest months for real estate sales. The strong spring market often places upward pressure on interest rates, many prospective home buyers and REALTORS® take vacations during mid-summer. After the summer slowdown, sales activity tends to pick up for a second, although less vigorous, season which usually lasts into November. The market then slows again as buyers, sellers and REALTORS® turn their attention to the holidays.
Should I make repairs?
Minor repairs before putting the house on the market may lead to a better sales price. Buyers often include a contingency “inspection clause” in the purchase contract which allows then to back out if numerous defects are found. Once the problems are noted, buyers can attempt to negotiate repairs or lowering the price with the seller. Any known problems that are not repaired must be revealed as a material defect. You do not have to repair the problem, only reveal it and the house should be appropriately priced for that defect.
Are there important factors to consider when selling a home?
The two most important factors are price and condition in selling a home. The first step is to price it properly. Then, go through the house to see if there are any cosmetic defects that can be repaired. A third factor is exposure. It is also important that the home gets the exposure it deserves through open houses, broker open houses, advertising, good signage and listing on the local multiple listing service, as well as the internet. Choose the real estate REALTOR® that you believe will get the job done, not the one that quotes you the highest price – sometimes just to buy your listing.